You can make a difference wherever you may be! By joining Team GK, you can work with others in the spirit of bayanihan and multiply your efforts with success. Create real impact and be part of a community's or a town's journey out of poverty.
Simultaneous GK Build activities and workshops for kids happening at the following GK Sites.
ENERO NG PAGBABAGO: January 26, 2014 (Sunday, 8am - 3pm)
GK SHAW KEEGAN VILLAGE
Brgy. Escopa 3, Project 4. Q.C.
GK TABORA / GK HCIA VILLAGE
Tandang Sora, Quezon City
GK PAYATAS VILLAGES
GK STO. DOMINGO VILLAGE
Sto. Domingo, Q.C.
GK NTC - PINAG-ISANG PALAD VILLAGE
For more details, you may contact: Pao Inting - 09173679789 or
Like Bayani Ng Lungsod Quezon FB Page
*A minimal contribution of P150.00 will be collected at the venue for boodle lunch, build and workshop materials.
OPERATION WALANG IWANAN: Typhoon Yolanda
* Visit the main Yolanda page HERE
Read the latest updates of Operation Walang iwanan: Haiyan/Yolanda HERE
Our locate teams was already done layouting the first transition house at Brgy. Bayacabac, Maribojoc, Bohol. They have also started profiling of families in the towns of Antiquera, Maribojoc and Tubigon.
If you are in town and would like to volunteer in the profiling, you may contact Rey Balatayo at 09219975448.
NATION BUILDER ON CALL
We are building a database of on-call volunteers who are ready to respond when and where they're needed the most, especially in disaster response efforts. Sign up here and invite your friends too!
BE A VOLUNTEER FOOTBALL COACH!
GK SipaG is campaigning for volunteer coaches who are willing to commit to the program for at least one year. The expectations & qualifications for the coaches are the the following:
1. Should know how to play the basics of football. Former varsity player or coach of the sport is an advantage.
2. Willing to develop his/her football skills through GK SipaG's Coaching Program.
3. Has leadership qualities, ethical and of good moral character. A coach is not just a football coach but also a Kuya or an Ate to the kids. Volunteer coaches will undergo values formation program designed by GK SipaG before getting assigned in a community.
4. Willing to embrace the culture that GK SipaG wants to set in all its football communities.
5. Committed to work with the community for at least one year. He or she is expected to conduct training or practices at least 3x a month.
A GK SipaG Calendar starts at January, takes a break in June till September (Monsoon Rains and Typhoon Season), resumes in October and culminates mid-November.
For serious and interested applicants, please send an email to email@example.com and tell us why you want to be part of the SipaG Coaching Team. We will get back to you before the end of the year. Coaching Training starts in January 2014.
BE A VIRTUAL VOLUNTEER
You can use social media to inspire and influence other people to do their part in building a better world. Share our content from gk1word by tweeting, reposting and reblogging about GK.
* Add us on Facebook: Gawad Kalinga (Official Page)
* Follow us on Twitter: GawadKalingaHQ
* Follow us on Tumblr: gawadkalinga
* Follow us on Youtube: GawadKalingaHQ
* Email your stories and pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org