You can make a difference wherever you may be! By joining Team GK, you can work with others in the spirit of bayanihan and multiply your efforts with success. Create real impact and be part of a community's or a town's journey out of poverty.
OPERATION WALANG IWANAN: Typhoon Yolanda
* Visit the main Yolanda page HERE
Update as of November 23, 2013
We are currently building up on our food inventory. For those who want to volunteer for the repacking, we will advise you through SMS or you can check our social media accounts regularly. Thank you for your continued support. Walang iwanan!
The devastation caused by Typhoon Yolanda can only be confronted by an outpouring of caring and sharing. We need volunteers to help us pack the relief goods and manage the operations of this campaign. For Metro Manila, please go to our Operation Walang Iwanan Command Centers:
NORTH METRO MANILA
Address: Gymnasium of the Department of Agrarian Reform Head Office (Quezon City Circle)
Contact Person: Joseph Nolasco (09178363057)
SOUTH METRO MANILA
Address: FTI Complex, Taguig City (near the entrance beside PNB, in front of Sunshine Mall)
Contact Person: Marc Sebastian (09178640722)
NATION BUILDER ON CALL
We are building a database of on-call volunteers who are ready to respond when and where they're needed the most, especially in disaster response efforts. Sign up here and invite your friends too!
BE A VOLUNTEER FOOTBALL COACH!
GK SipaG is campaigning for volunteer coaches who are willing to commit to the program for at least one year. The expectations & qualifications for the coaches are the the following:
1. Should know how to play the basics of football. Former varsity player or coach of the sport is an advantage.
2. Willing to develop his/her football skills through GK SipaG's Coaching Program.
3. Has leadership qualities, ethical and of good moral character. A coach is not just a football coach but also a Kuya or an Ate to the kids. Volunteer coaches will undergo values formation program designed by GK SipaG before getting assigned in a community.
4. Willing to embrace the culture that GK SipaG wants to set in all its football communities.
5. Committed to work with the community for at least one year. He or she is expected to conduct training or practices at least 3x a month.
A GK SipaG Calendar starts at January, takes a break in June till September (Monsoon Rains and Typhoon Season), resumes in October and culminates mid-November.
For serious and interested applicants, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us why you want to be part of the SipaG Coaching Team. We will get back to you before the end of the year. Coaching Training starts in January 2014.
BE A VIRTUAL VOLUNTEER
You can use social media to inspire and influence other people to do their part in building a better world. Share our content from gk1word by tweeting, reposting and reblogging about GK.
* Add us on Facebook: Gawad Kalinga (Official Page)
* Follow us on Twitter: GawadKalingaHQ
* Follow us on Tumblr: gawadkalinga
* Follow us on Youtube: GawadKalingaHQ
* Email your stories and pictures to email@example.com